SusanSalutations

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm back!



We arrived home late last night from our trip away! We had a marvelous time away from home and it is also good to return. I spent today catching up on the things you normally have to do when you've been on a trip - the washing, sorting, cleaning etc - but I also needed to make a birthday card for my DDs boyfriend to have afternoon tea with, and here it is!



I used my SU! 'Lovely as a Tree' stampset for the main image and a retired SU! sentiment. The cs is also SU! - Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White. I embossed the sentiment with gold, blender-penned the tree, and used a cute tree brad sent to me by a Secret Santa friend this Christmas. I CASEd the idea from Chrissie - thanks, Chrissie!

It was so good to have an excuse to make a card as soon as I got home!

7 comments:

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Welcome back Susan glad you enjoyed your break, lovely card.

Andrea xx

Lee said...

What a beautiful card!! I absolutely love the blending of the tree!!! I love those tree brads too!!

Fiona said...

Lovely card - love how you've coloured the tree

Andrea, said...

Glad you had a good trip, hope you've managed to catch up with all your chores. Fab card the tree stamp is lovely and I love the little brad at the bottom

My Paper World said...

I love how you have coloured the tree Susan! and the little tree brad is the perfect finishing touch!
Nicola xx

Suzanne said...

Welcome home Susan! I really like how you cut the tree and spread it apart. I do feel like I am looking out your window.

Amy said...

I really like the look of this card Susan!