SusanSalutations

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Two Way Open Cards





















This evening I spent awhile making two cards for tomorrow. One is for my Mom (I gave her the other one I made last post for her birthday) and since my Sis will be with us tomorrow for lunch too I made one for her. I have been thinking about the lovely card Lee made and after she kindly emailed me the tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers about how to make these, I was all set! The card has two layers that open out - the diagonal fold at the front and a gate fold in the middle where I wrote a message. To make the cards I used similar colours - Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal and Rose Red cardstock, with some stamps from Around the Block and Merci, and some gingham ribbon (all Stampin' Up! products), some different designer papers from my stash and some iridescent inks and gel pens. And of course I used the mat pack for paper piercing. Oh and I crumpled up the paper in the middle layer of the squares card and smudged iridescent ink over the crinkles. And the punches were from Creative Memories. These cards were fun to make and I am sure you could do many, many different things with them. I could imagine putting photos in them as well, for example. There's enough 'real estate' for you to do that :-)

Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

As your card says...WONDERFUL!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Lee said...

Wow Susan!!! Your cards are soooo pretty!! I love the colors and the gingham ribbon!! These are so addicting, aren't they?? I agree too that the possibilities are endless!!! Your mom and sis are just gonna love these!!!

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Susan,
yur mum and sister will love their cards how thoughtful of you to make one for your sister too.
both cards are lovely i have spent a bit of time looking to see how they are made...who knows I may just put one on my blog.
thanx for sharing
chriss x
have a lovely mothers day.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards, they will be loved.

My Paper World said...

What a great design Susan! They are both really pretty! xx

Suzanne said...

Hey, I'm missin' you friend! Hope it's because you are doing something fun!!!!!!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Great cards Susan , how are you?

Andrea xx