SusanSalutations

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A picture or two...

With our move looming so large, I'm crafting away here but haven't got anything quite finished to show you all. There are several swaps and commitments I made to various people and I so want to get them finished before we move so there will be some paper craft things to post soon. I do have some pictures I've been taking for a photo challenge that I would like to share with you in the absence of a finished card or scrapbook layout.

One of the photo challenges was to depict 'Music'. Well, in my case that had to involve my flute. I have played the flute for most of my life. It is my faithful friend and it means music to me - solitary or in company - doesn't matter. When words can't express what I feel, often the flute music can. The velvety material and the swirly pattern on it reminds me of music, as does the texture and light playing on the material.

And I must tell you I am pretty excited - there will be more music and celebrating around here very soon - our daughter-in-law's baby is due any day! There's no sign of her baby yet but it is time. This first baby in a new generation is going to make Colin and I grandparents, my sisters and brothers great aunts and uncles, my other 'children' aunts and uncles, my mother a great grandmother, my own aunts and uncles great-greats (though not for the first time for them). I'll have to do a whole lot of adjusting to all these new titles....

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful picture. The composition, the colors, the lighting everything. Love it!

Lee said...

What a FANTABULOUS photo!!!! Amazing!!!! And do I get to call you "Gramma" now!!!??? LOL