SusanSalutations

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Grandchild




After some delay, I finally have a picture of us holding our first grandchild to show you. After looking at the shots I realised there were none of her face. She slept throughout this momentous encounter with her new grandparents, but did we care? Nope. Not a bit. It might have frightened her to see how tired we looked anyway - we had been on the road for three days after all! (Boy, does it show!!)

It was wonderful just to finally 'meet' her.

5 comments:

Jaqi said...

Oh Wow, Isnt it a wonderful feeling, I remember I was on cloud 9 when my grandson Joe was born, He is 3 now. Everytime I see him he just never ceases to amaze me. Its much different to having children, you enjoy the moments much more somehow, and they are so precious, Oh I hope you enjoy every moment, I bet you cant get enough.....Enjoy it and take lots of photos then you cn make a Grandparents Brag Book. Thanks for visiting my blog, Jaqi x

Suzanne said...

Well can't really comment on how cute granddaughter is, but those are so real proud grandparents....even if they are tired!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fantastic photo, Susan!

RubyMay said...

I stumbled across your blog and its fascinating!. It's been lovely to hear about you meeting your grandchild...and all about your move and your love of scrapbooking. Thanks for sharing x

Lee said...

Oh Susan!!!!! I think it's a totally ROCKIN' photo of the new Grandparents!!!!! Amazing!!! What a sweet memory.....I can just imagine the fabulous page you'll create to showcase this!!!! Enjoy snuggling her!!