SusanSalutations

Friday, July 11, 2008

A Real Bug and a Noisy Miner for you























I'm glad some people enjoyed the little beetle on my card two posts ago. Yesterday in the Park I had a chance to capture a real bug on film for you. It is such a pretty thing. Pity it stinks so much when you touch it, according to two ladies I was with. I didn't try to prove it by touching it to see if it would stink! It seems to be a variety of Harlequin Bug but I am willing to be corrected if wrong.

And the Noisy Miner (also known as a Mickey Bord or a Soldier Bird) was quite cooperative about hanging around over our heads as we lunched. He was just looking for a moment when we turned our heads away from the food so he could swoop in and pick up a few crumbs. I was going to get a picture of a Scared Ibis too but they weren't as cooperative about posing yesterday, though they were terribly interested in our lunch as well.

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

Great photo's Susan! and congrats on your DT spot! xx

Lee said...

Oh cool photos!! You know I just love your wildlife pictures!!! Hmmmm.....never heard of a Miner bird....how cool!!!

Jaqi said...

What a colourful little bug, great pictures, Jaqi x