SusanSalutations

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kraft Resist

I know I have some retired Stampin' Up! embossed resist paper, but do you think I could find it? Noooo. Just as well my friend Alz sent me some to play with. I wanted to try colouring it then stamping on it. I used sponges to get the coloured background, then, as the Kraft Resist paper was French, I stamped in archival ink on top with the Stampin' Up! Artistic Etchings stamp set. I really liked the depth that created and the way the stamped images seem to float on air....

PS: You could make your own Crumb Cake resist by clear embossing on it. Must try that another day :)
PPS: If you are reading this, Alz, thank you again for being such a generous friend! I will get to use the titles and embellishments you cut for me out of Pacific Point soon, I am sure - they are just begging to be put on a page!!  xx

5 comments:

Pearl said...

Hi Susan,always good to hear frm you! I haven't been good at blogging myself this year! Been much more busy offline! & I'm doing better than ever in most areas of life!;)

Creatique Candy said...

I LOVE the background more than words can say ;) TFS

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous piece Susan - the colours are stunning x Hilda

Alz said...

Wow!!! This looks incredible Susan!!! I love the colours .. they look like Autumn in Melbourne to me. I'm glad you liked the things I sent up. Now you've inspired me to get playing with my kraft resist LOL!!! :) xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous tag, Susan.
My computer died a month ago & I lost all my links, contacts & sadly it appears I have lost art work made during the pre-blog years. Stuff I can never get back unless by some stroke of luck the hard drive is still okay in the old machine & it is only the motherboard that failed me!!!
My name is Minibook Pixie, making minibooks is what got me inot art in the first place & apart from 3 which i turned into PDF documents, i have lost all 20 :( :(