SusanSalutations

Monday, April 16, 2012

Triple Treat Birthday

It was a special friend's birthday this week and I made her a card, of course! I know she likes easel cards so I tried to put together something a bit more 3d than my 'usual' cardmaking style usually allows. I cut two parallel lines in the front of the card and pushed that section out so it formed a raised platform, Then I folded some steps int he card front to allow it to stand alone. This also meant i had several layers to put my embellishments on, so embellishing i did go.

The Triple Treat Flower and Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp sets came in handy again as did some of my punches. I chose shades of purple and pink (Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Rich Razzleberry) to bring everything together. There are rhinestones in the middle of each flower's centre and the centres are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. Oh and I used some of that new pleated ribbon that Stampin' Up! has for sale in the Autumn-Winter mini catalogue. I really like that ribbon. It is shown here in Blushing Bride shade, but you can get it in Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red as well. I added a small touch of white organza ribbon to finish off the look.

If you want some ribbon, stamps, ink or paper, remember I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator so can order some in for you if you live anywhere in Australia.




1 comment:

Alz said...

This is sooooooooo pretty Susan! You've used the triple treat flower to maximum impact. Love it!!! :) xx