SusanSalutations

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Triple Treat Flower Stamp

Don't you just love how so many of Stampin' Up!'s products are versatile and clever? Take the Triple Trat stamp, for instance. You can stamp it out in a plain colour and use it flat, or you can punch out the middle flower and the centre of it too and make them different colours, pop them up to create a three dimensional look, or use them individually. You can substitute other shapes int he punched holes too. I was playing with my Triple Treat stamp the other day and came up with this flower for my March Stamp Club tiny thank you cards :


I liked how the contrasting layers looked. I used Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point and So Saffron cardstock and stamped them in Basic Black ink. As the flower was for the inside of my little card, I did not pop the layers up on Stampin' Dimensionals, but it would have been easy to do.

Today I made a card for a friend and used one of the flowers on it, combining the stamped image from Easy Events to make my flower stem and scene:

I heat embossed the stem, sentiment and grass in black before using my Stampin' Write Old Olive marker to add colour to the grass. I also sponged Baja Breeze ink over a Scallop Circle shape to make the clouds, then sponged a bit of Tangerine Tango over that to add a bit more interest. See how i used the Triple Treat stamp as a card background too? I filled in the small spaces between the large stamp with small flowers from the Fresh Vintage stamp set. Then I punched a heart edged border from Pacific Point, layered on a strip of So Saffron, dyed some Bakers Twine in Tangerine Tango ink, punched out a tag and heart to tie it on with the twine, and finished with a few dots along the So Saffron strip in black journaling pen. There's a clear circle button in the middle of my Triple Treat flower.

I hope you enjoyed a glimpse at my Triple Treat flower cards.

PS: If you Aussie readers would like to order a Triple Treat Flower stamp (125040) for $16.95 plus $5.95 postage, or if you would like to order any other current Stampin' Up! products, contact me on SusanSalutations. There's a pink 'contact me' button at the top right hand corner of the page.

1 comment:

Carla Murphy said...

Hello there! Susan this card is fantastic! I just love that flower and the amazing cloud background you gave it. Such a pretty stamped background... and how clever to dye the bakers twine - I'll probably try that tonight! Thanks girl! Sending love right back at cha! lol