SusanSalutations

Monday, July 23, 2012

Coffee and Cream Quilt

Ta dahhh! This is a picture of my first quilt, being held up by my kind, long-suffering husband and my ever-supportive though attention seeking dog. I finished this lap quilt in April but it has taken me awhile to get round to taking its portrait. I think it is called a post and rail quilt? I could be wrong there. Anyway, it is my first quilt and I love it. It has a wool centre and is just the right weight to have on my lap these cool winter in  Queensland evenings :)

I have kind of fallen in love with fabric all over again now that I have started to learn about quilting. I am even putting fabric on my handmade cards, like the ones we made in the June class I ran here at home:

This paper and fabric and embellishment range is the Twitterpated range from Stampin' Up! I can see it will only be a matter of time before I quilt some Stampin Up! fabric into something.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

Multi-talented! OMGosh I love your quilt - colours are gorgeous and I love the design. Love those cards too, pretty papers, pretty design - clean & classy!

Tom Hurley said...

Susan, that's one very nice quilt! Are you going to be making more to be given (sold) to your loving, admiring relatives?

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Thanks for your nice comments, Carla and Tom :)

PS: Ha ha! How did you guess my plans, Unc? How many would you like?

Queen Bea Scraps said...

Hi Susan,
I love your quilt, I wish I knew how to make quilts. But if I learned I'd have to give up Stampin' Up! and I'm not willing to do that. LOL

Anyway, just wanted to stop by to let you know I love all your cards and projects.
I'm trying to use my DBWS blog a little more. The last time I used it before today was in 2011 convention, shame on me.
Hopefully I'll get better.