SusanSalutations

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sewing on Papercraft Projects

Do you ever sew on your paper projects? Faux stitching is great for adding quick accents (you can see some great paper piercing templates and paper piercing equipment on page 181 of the main Stampin' Up! catalogue) but sometimes I just want to stitch around a whole layout! I really like having a sewing machine for that. I am fortunate that I have an older sewing machine that I reserve just for such times :)

Do you sew? If not, why not? Lol!Here's a layout I where I doubles stitched a wavy border around the main stripey mat (this photo brings back so many good memories too!):



If you like this look and do not yet have a machine, you might like to look at some of the best sewing machines for beginners at my friend's new website. You might find other things you will like there, too.

Happy stitching!

No comments: