SusanSalutations

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wildflower Meadow

One of the best things about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is being able to access new goodies early. The set I was experimenting with tonight is called Wildflower Meadows and it has a matching embossing folder that just makes it so lovely! It will be available in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue coming out on July 1st in Australia.

I used another stamp set with this new set to see what a bit of extra stamping would do to the design, and I really liked it. I added some of the flowers from Summer Silhouettes (132082 in wood, 126447 in clear mount). Then I added various types of ribbon to add a little bit of luxury, and finally I added sparkle with some Dazzling Details (127845) and some shimmer paint mixed with rubbing alcohol.

The cardstock I began with was Whisper White and the coloured cardstock were in Baja Breeze, Rose Red and Gumball Green. I chose matching inks as well but added some Midnight Muse and Not Quite Navy as well.



See how nice the embossed areas make the images? 

I think I'll get a lot of use out of this new stamp and embossing folder combo. I love how Stampin' Up! does this sort of thing :) 

Till next time.

1 comment:

Vicki Hodgman said...

Great idea adding the extra stamp set to this. Ribbon looks lovely too. Vx