SusanSalutations

Saturday, February 04, 2017

Customise your Notebooks with Fruit!


This little notebook used to be a school exercise book. Now it is a customised notebook, decorated with the Fruit Stand Suite  😎It was so easy and quick to do!

I am sure if you have ever been in school yourself or had children in school, you would have covered exercise books,, right? That's all I did with this. Well, I adapted my covering a little. As designer series paper isn't quite large enough to cover a whole book, I cut separate pieces for the front and back, and cut a strip that I scored down the middle to make a cover for the spine. I did add thin strips to the borders of the covers before putting my fruit piece on top. I did cut another piece form the lined designer series paper in the pack and made a 'window' to write on. It's kind of like making a card too, I think.

I added some shading to the striped piece with a Stamp 'n Write marker. I matched the colour to the colours in the designer series paper.

I hand-wrote the name for this book in black journaling pen. You could stamp it with an alphabet stamp if you wished.

I stamped apricots (peaches?) on top of the lined paper afterward to finish it off, and also because I love stamping 😄

Just think of the possibilities!! Happy Stampin'!

Supplies:

Stamps:Fresh Fruit
Designer Series Paper: Fruit Stand
Stampin' Write! markers: Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black
Inks: Peekabook Peach, Cucumber Crush, Memento Black
Adhesive: Tombow Multi liquid glue

See the Fruit Stand Suite  yourself at SusanSalutations

No comments: